Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Travel Deal

Remember my post about this?How i'm taking my baby steps to achieve what i want in this life?Well, it seems that it's going pretty well.I'm referring to item no 3 specifically.


Last year i did make plan to travel somewhere. I wrote about it here. But i didn't reveal about the destination though. I thought it's going to be a surprise for you guys.


But it turned out that I was the one to be surprised!



Okay,i was planning for a trip to Dubai.



Yap..Dubai it is..err it was.



I booked the ticket on Nov 2009.There would be 8 of us. Me,my mum,my pa,my 2 older sisters,my lil brother,my bro-in-law and a relative. You might not believe this but the price was so GOOD! Yeah it was a promotional season for Dubai at that point of time since AirAsia just launched their D-7 flights to Abu Dhabi. It cost not more than Rm500 for a return ticket per person.


I was so excited.In my mind I could already pictured these:



















I couldn't wait to see Dubai at night, the famous Burj Al Arab, Dubai Mall, experience Desert Safari tour, Jumeirah Beach, Deira Gold Souq, the other famous Burj Al Khalifa, Dubai creek and so much more! I Google-d all those places just the get the rough idea of the place i was about to visit.



But like the old saying,you can always plan but only God know how it turned out to be.



Somewhere around early Feb 2010, Air Asia X decided to pull out Abu Dhabi flight service starting 21st Feb 2010 due to some commercial reasons.You can have more information about it here.


I was devastated. Frust menonggeng gile! Baru je berangan nak pergi sana,last2 plan tak menjadi.


Then i was thinking..what can i do? The only news i heard was that Air Asia only going to refund the money. I was thinking to still go somewhere but where???Oh my God which destination i was allowed to go with that tiny little price?


We were thinking of China,India and...Hong Kong?that's the cheapest i could find. But those are not really my dream destination.


In the middle of our moment of sadness, at last my brother-in-law gave me such a good news! We were allowed to re-route our flight to any D-7 destination. I think it must be some kind of compensation from Air Asia to us. Well..whatever it is..we were spoilt with choices!

The options range from India,to China, Manila,Hong Kong,Australia (but too bad not London though, or else i would have chose it without any doubt!)


Want to guess which one did we choose?



Hehe..again..it's a surprise. But i guess you might have the clue.


I will tell more in my later post.Together with the arrangement and plan. I am somehow the unofficial trip planner this time. Ahaksss.


Till then..Adios!



XOXO


Credits:Pic are from google


0 comments: